PLEASE READ CAREFULLY BEFORE USE. SAVE INSTRUCTIONS FOR FUTURE REFERENCE.
PREPARATION FOR USE:
- Cleanse skin and stylet tip with isopropyl alcohol before each session and allow to air dry.
- Moisten fingers with a salt solution (½ teaspoon salt and 1 cup water) and hold the stylet tip around the touch band with moistened fingers only.
INSTRUMENT AND SAFETY CHECK:
- Before lifting stylet from the unit, slide the end cap to reveal cord storage. Lift the stylet carefully and unwind the cord. You are now ready to proceed. When rewinding after use, wrap the cord loosely to avoid breakage where the cord enters the stylet.
- Remove the label from the stylet and expose the tip by pushing the slide button forward.
- Always turn dial to "O" when not in use.
HOW TO USE:
- Set Comfort Control Dial to position one (1).
- Push the slide button forward to expose the stylet tip.
- Hold the stylet like a pen with fingers around the touch band.
- Noting the angle of hair growth, insert the stylet tip along the underside of the hair and into the follicle.
- Hold the stylet tip firmly in place. When proper contact has been made, you will feel a tingling sensation. Increase setting of Comfort Control Dial if no tingling sensation is felt.
- Gently rotate the stylet tip in the follicle a few times to make sure you are contacting the hair root.
- When you feel a slight tingling, hold the stylet firmly in place and count to 15 slowly.
- Remove stylet and use tweezers to gently remove the hair.
- After treatment, cleanse skin with isopropyl alcohol.
- A magnifying mirror and good lighting are essential.
- NEVER share the same stylet tip with more than one person.
- Fingers must remain moist throughout use.
- Do not apply make-up, perfume or expose treated areas to the sun for 24 hours.
- Wait 24 hours before repeating treatment.
- Slight redness, swelling, or itching (similar to a mosquito bite) is normal after electrolysis and should disappear after a few hours/days, depending on your sensitivity.
- Should you experience mild skin irritation, apply witch hazel or isopropyl alcohol.
- Occasionally a small scab may form on the treated pore. This is normal and should disappear naturally and leave the skin surface clear. If a scab should form, application of an acne lotion or cream will speed up the healing process. If it does not, consult your doctor.
TO REPLACE THE STYLET TIP:
- Remove front section by pulling it away from the touch band.
- Remove the old tip by pulling it away from the probe handle.
- Discard the old tip.
- Insert new tip by gently dropping it into the front section until the tip rests in position.
- Replace front section.
- Push slide button forward to extend stylet tip.
- Push slide button back to retract tip. Should stylet tip become bent, it may be straightened with tweezers. One new tip is included in the compartment under the stylet. Additional tips may be obtained by your local store, on our site, or by calling our Customer Service Department at 1-800-621-9585 or by contacting your local distributor.
TO REPLACE 9 VOLT BATTERY:
Requires one 9V battery. Battery not included.
- Remove battery cover. If necessary, use a coin.
- Remove old battery, taking care not to pull on the wires.
- Connect new battery, making sure contacts are secure.
- Replace in unit, contact end first, then push rear of battery into place.
- Replace battery cover.
WARNING: Do not use if you have any of the following medical conditions: diabetes, hepatitis, blood disorders, pigmentation problems, lupus, sclerodema (pidgmentosis), impetigo, chronic skin disorders, or if you: scar easily, wear a pacemaker or simliar device; are pregnant; or if you are taking medication such as: Retin-A, Accutane, Glycolic Acid, Alpha Hydroxy treatments, or steroids that may cause skin sensitivity. Do not use on your upper lip if you currently wear braces. Do not use to remove moles, warts, and beauty spots, or on nipples, eyelids, eyelashes, tattoos and sunburned skin, or inside nose or ears.
DO NOT USE NEAR WATER. DO NOT USE NEAR OR IN BATHTUBS, SHOWERS, BASINS, OR OTHER VESSELS CONTAINING WATER.
CAUTION: Hyper pigmentation (skin discoloration) may be experienced by people who have a history of hypersensitivity. If you have this condition, we do not recommend use of this product. If you are unsure whether or not to use the Deluxe Home Electrolysis, please consult your physician.
WARNING: This unit should not be used by anyone under the age of 18 without parental supervision. This electrolysis shall not be used by children. Keep the electrolysis and its cord out of reach of children. Electrolysis can be used by persons with reduced physical, sensory, or mental capabilities or lack of experience and knowledge if they have been given supervision or instruction concerning use of the electrolysis in a safe way and understand the hazards involved. Children should not play with the electrolysis.
ONE YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY:
Deluxe Home Electrolysis is warrantied against manufacturing defects for one year from the date of purchase. This warranty covers all parts excluding stylet tip and battery, which may require replacement, depending on usage.
If your Deluxe Home Electrolysis is defective, the company will repair or replace it within one year of the date of purchase at no charge.
For information regarding mailing instructions, please call toll free 1-800-621-9585.
Warranty is void if malfunction was caused by damage or unreasonable use whiel in your possession. This warranty gives you specfic legal rights; you may also have other rights which vary from state to state.
For servicing outside USA, consult with your local dealer for details.