WAXING 101 FAQs
clean+easy® waxes are formulated with a blend of non-irritating waxes containing beeswax and pine rosins. Waxing removes hair from the root underneath the skin, not just from the surface, so the hair follicle needs to go through another cycle of re-growth which takes up to 6 weeks, unlike shaving where hair can grow back in days.
Every time hair is pulled out with wax, a new papilla (the bulb on the bottom of the hair follicle) needs to form so hair takes longer to re-grow, additionally, consistently removing hair from the root causes papilla regeneration to weaken so hair will grow back softer and finer. Applying warm wax to the skin causes the pores to expand so hair is released painlessly with ease.
If waxing is performed using poor technique hairs can break off and cause irritation or ingrown hairs. clean+easy® offers a full line of Professional Treatment products to prepare the skin for waxing and soothe the skin post-wax, alleviating any type of discomfort or irritation. Also, try our pot wax in the sensitive skin formula or the roller wax refill in the tea tree Crème formula. The sensitive wax formula is made with Chamomile and Azulene which calms and soothes the skin to prevent redness and irritation while the tea tree Crème is infused with Tea Tree Oil known for its comforting properties.
Using clean+easy®’s patented roll-on system will save you time and money. Applying the wax is quicker, cleaner and more effective. Because the roller head deposits a pre-measured layer of wax onto the skin each time, it will save you the time of going back and forth with a spatula and dripping wax onto surfaces. Roll on waxing will save you time applying wax and cleaning up after waxing so you can fit in more clients into your schedule. Roll on waxing is also more hygienic as the wax is not exposed to airborne dust, hair and bacteria. Laboratory tests show that there is no cross contamination with roller heads and roll on waxing is completely safe and hygienic if proper sanitary measures are practiced.
Yes, roll on waxing is completely hygienic if proper sanitary measures are practiced. Independent laboratory tests show that there is no cross contamination of waxes and our roller heads are inert to bacterial growth. As in all waxing procedures, sanitary precautions must be observed and in roll on waxing, using a fresh or sanitized roller head before each client maintains proper sanitation.
There is virtually no clean-up necessary with roll on waxing and starting from application to cleaning up, roll on waxing takes about half the time regular pot waxing would. With this saved time, you can fit in more clients!
To ensure that the wax comes off onto the strip each time, dust clean+easy® Lavender Moisture Absorbent Powder onto the skin to absorb any excess oils or moisture. clean+easy® Lavender Moisture Absorbent powder is resistant to moisture and calms the senses while reducing redness before any epilation procedure. Also, make sure that the wax is heated completely through, if the wax is too cold, the strip will not adhere properly to the wax. Finally, make sure the wax is applied in a thin layer, it is not necessary to roll over the same area multiple times.
There are a few reasons for this problem:
- The hair was not long enough. Hair needs to be at least a quarter of an inch for proper hair removal.
- The wax strip was pulled too slowly or in the wrong direction. Apply the wax in the direction of the hair growth, rub firmly in same direction 3-4 times. Pull the surrounding skin taut and pull the strip against the skin in the opposite direction.
- Skin was not properly prepped. It is essential to prepare the skin for waxing. First use clean+easy® cleanse pre-wax cleanser to remove any oil, make-up or perspiration from the skin’s surface, next apply Lavender Moisture Absorbent Powder to the skin to absorb any excess moisture or oils. This will help the wax adhere to the hair better.
- Too much wax was applied. This problem occurs when the applicator is squeezed or when the applicator is rolled over the same area. Only one thin coat of wax is needed for effective hair removal.
Yes, apply clean+easy® Numbing Antiseptic to the area prior to waxing. It is formulated with Benzocaine to desensitize the skin and make waxing less painful. Pulling the strip in one quick motion parallel to the skin and applying gentle pressure to the area with your fingertips also minimizes discomfort.
This problem occurs when the wax is too cold. If the wax is not heated through at the correct temperature, it will become sticky and stringy when rolled out the roller head. To ensure smooth application of wax from the roller heads, make sure that the wax is heated in the waxing unit for the appropriate time (refer to the instruction manual). The wax is ready when bubbles rise easily to the top when the cartridge is turned upside down. Also make sure that cold air is not directly blowing at the area being waxed, if the temperature of the room is too cold, this could affect the performance of the wax.
• Hair Should be about 1/4 inches long
• Be sure to sanitize your hands as well as your client’s prior to any service.
• For sensitive areas, apply Numb Anesthetic Solution 3 to 5 minutes prior to waxing. The eyebrows, upper lip, and bikini areas are the areas where it should be used most often.
• Clean the skin with Cleanse Pre-Wax Cleanser to remove body oil, make-up, dead skin cells, perspiration and bacteria from the skin. Make sure the skin is dry before continuing.
• Apply a light coat of Prep Pre-Epilation Oil and blot. The oil will act as a buffer between the skin and the wax.
• Apply the wax as far down as necessary, making sure to end wax in a hair free area. Follow the direction of hair growth. Working in a small area, as the hair growth pattern indicates, apply the wax with your applicator. Make sure to allow the wax to cover no more than a two-inch area.
• Pull the strip in the opposite direction, as quickly and as close to the skin as possible.
• Apply FIRM pressure with your hand immediately after each epilation.
• Work in small sections only and repeat procedure for each section. Remember that each change in the direction of hair growth requires a separate application.
• Finish application with Calm Azulene Oil.
• To remove waxy residue from the skin after waxing, use Clean + Easy Remove Post-Wax Remover.
• Apply Soothe Aloe Vera Gel to soothe the area. It contains Aloe Vera and Allantoin, which are naturally soothing and have moisturizing properties. This will help reduce apperance of redness and irritation.
• Other Clean + Easy post epliation products may be used according to skin and service type. Just remember less is best when it comes to stimulation to the skin and amount of product used.
• No hot baths for the reminder of the day, as soaking in hot water can cause skin to become irritated
• Not tanning bed sessions for up to 48 hours after waxing
• After 48 hours, it is recommended to exfoliate skin to help prevent ingrow hairs
• Enjoy unbelievably soft, silky, hair-free skin!
• Important warning for women: Do not schedule your waxing session 3 days before your period, as skin tends to be the most sensitive during this time